What is Noise?
In simple terms, noise is unwanted sound. Sound is a form of energy which is emitted by avibrating body and on reaching the ear causes the sensation of hearing through nerves.Sounds produced by all vibrating bodies are not audible. The frequency limits of audibilityare from 20 HZ to 20,000 HZ.Decibels is the unit used to measure the loudness of sound.
What is Noise Pollution?
Noise pollution is unpleasant noise created by people or machines that can be annoying, distracting, intrusive, and/or physically painful. It is defined as an undesired sound that is disruptive or dangerous and can cause harm to life, nature, and property. Noise pollution can come from outdoor sources, such as road traffic, motorcycles, jet planes, garbage trucks, high-power equipment, manufacturing processes, or loud music and indoor sources, including: boom boxes, heating and air conditioning units, and metal chairs scraping on floors.
The World Health Organization (WHO) recognizes the harmful health effects of noise pollution. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, noise pollution is “an increasing public health problem” that can lead to a variety of adverse health effects, including
- Serious hearing damage–exposure to noise is the commonest cause of permanent deafness.
- Physical pain
- High blood pressure
- Increase in Blood sugar
- Interference with speech
- Disturbance of rest and sleep
- Productivity and mental health effects, and a
- General reduction in one’s quality of life
What IMA Can Do ?
1. Hold Training programms against Noise pollution for School & College children & drivers through there association .
2. Put up IMA hordings against Noise pollution at the Entry point of your respective cities.
3. Sensitize all the Branch members & their families against Noise Pollution.
4. Public Lectures & TV & Radio Programms against Noise Pollution.
5. Best Branch performing entitled for gold Medal & Cash Prize Rs. 11000/-
6. For Training programs & other queries please contact the undersigned.