Schewed sex ratio is a cause of concern for all sections of society. Inspite of PCPNDT act in force for more than two decades and its strict implementation rather over implementation and misuse , there is no significant change in sex ratio. Rather the PCPNDT act has become a tool for harassment and a source of corruption in the hands of government machinery against the private practitioners. The Ultra sound technology is an excellent diagnostic tool for medical ferternity. But unfortunately the machine has become a musibat. Indian Medical Association demands as follows:-
- The ultrasound machine does not come under the jurisdiction of PCPNDT Act so the law is wrongly interpreted and unjustifiably implemented by the authorities.
- It is ridiculus that in the absence of any definite by -laws the concerned health authorities are making there own set of laws at there own wims and irrational thinkings and harassing the
- It is very surprising that so called violations minor or major the punishment is same for any clerical mistake in filling up the form or any such minor errors on one hand and actually doing sex determination, quontum of punishment is the same i.e. your machine is sealed , you are prosecuted. This is highly unjustified & in-human for any standard of judgement.
Indian Medical Association has decided not to do any ultra sound work and all of us will Wear Black Batches in protest against above said injustice and we demand. :-
- Ultra sound machine is not under the perview of PCPNDT act so stop harassing us.
- For any violation of the PCPNDT act the punishment should be
- The parents & close family members who instigate & are actually involved in female foeticide & infanticide should be booked & punished under the law for
- Because this act has failed to yield any result for the last two So the actual reasons of deteriorating sex ratio – should be analysed & corrective action taken be as follows.
- Female infanticide is one important factor.
- High mortality rate of female child in the first five years because of poor nutrition , neglect by the parents and preference to the male child over the female by the parents.
- Insecurity of the female gender in the society due to ineffective implementation of the existing laws by the authorities.
- Harassment of the married females by in laws.
- Mind set of the public in general and even the so called law makers parliamentarians and other leaders against the female gender which is apparent at the floor of the parliament house and out side in the public is very
- Universal free education face health facilities equal chances of job Equal representations in assembly and parliament and other local government bodies are other methods.
They should be provision of reimbursement of the expenses inquid by the daughter on the treatment of their parents even after the marriage.